Man, I can’t even tell you how excited I am to find out what life down south is like. With the way life has been, I haven’t really had the chance to go out and travel. Not because I don’t want to- anyone who has taken a trip with me can tell you that I don’t mess around- but since money was a little tight these last couple of years after graduation, I mostly stayed in my little niche in the Northeast.
But yay! New places and new culture! I don’t know exactly how much I’ll really get to take in but I’m really looking forward to it.
By the end of this year I want to experience…(heavy emphasis on “the end of this year”)
1. The Everglades
2. Savannah, GA
3. Traveling through Alabama and Mississippi
4. Spending some time in New Orleans
5. Everyone talks about grits. I want some.
6. I want to eat gator.
7. Same thing goes with real Southern fried Chicken. I’m convinced they probably do it better down there than we do up here.
Note: You may wonder, what happened to me being a pescatarian? I’ll get back to it next year- I really can’t be choosy as to what I eat now.
8. I want to eat at as many greasy-spoons as I possibly can.
Note: A lot of this list has to do with eating
9. Swim in the ocean! I haven’t seen ocean since 2008!
10. My friend got to swim with a dolphin. I want to swim with one too!
11. Eat crawfish.
12. Meet Paula Deen. It will happen.